They may be slow and steady but the world is moving faster than the Airtel network in Nigeria, as the world is expecting the launch of 5G network tagged the Game Changer. Airtel has just reached less than half of the states of 36 including the FTC with their 4G services (as at the time of making this post). Never the less, Airtel roll out 4G network though with the free incentive of 4GB data and an extra 25% bonus.
The Airtel 4GB data and an extra 25% bonus
The leading data magus is Nigeria always placed their customers first. Below are details on how to enjoy the free Airtel 4GB data for swap to the new Airtel 4G network
List of states currently enjoying Airtel 4G networks is Abuja, Ibadan, Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Nassara and Delta states others are Ogun, Oyo and as well as many towns now enjoying the new Airtel 4G network coverage.
How to benefit from the Airtel 4GB data
Step 1: Get a 4G SIM:
Simply visit an Airtel Store near you to get a new 4G SIM or Upgrade your SIM to 4G
simply dial *121# and select 4G services.
- Step 2: Get a 4G enabled device
If your phone, MiFi or Dongle is not 4G enabled; please visit an Airtel Store or the nearest phone store to upgrade to a 4G phone.
To check if your phone is 4G enabled;
- Step 3: Be within Airtel 4G Coverage
How to upgrade your SIM card to an Airtel 4G LTE Enabled One
- Make sure you backup your contacts somewhere else.
- Visit the nearest Airtel service centre closest to you.
- Meet the Customer Care person and request for a 4G SIM upgrade.
- You will be given a form to fill and your SIM card will be upgraded.
You can also buy a new 4G SIM card if you don’t want to upgrade the old SIM you have before. After the upgrade, users credited with
- a 4GB free data which can only be used on the 4G network.
- You also get 25% data bonus when you activate data plans from N500 and above for
- the next 3 months.
Get all the packages that come with 4GB data here